Tahoe Weekly magazine is seeking Account Executives for advertising sales in our print and digital publications to cover our South Lake Tahoe territory and our North Lake Tahoe/Truckee territory. There are two positions available to begin immediately. These are full-time, year-round positions.
- Account Executive South Shore | This position is specifically for the South Lake Tahoe region covering Zephyr Cove, Kingsbury, Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, Meyers, Markleeville/Alpine County, Kirkwood, Twin Bridges and Carson City area to begin immediately.
- Account Executive North Shore | This position is specifically for the North Lake Tahoe & Truckee region covering Incline Village, Kings Beach, Tahoe City, the West Shore, Olympic Valley, Northstar, Truckee, Tahoe Donner, Donner Summit & Reno to begin immediately.
Tahoe Weekly is the only publication distributed throughout the Tahoe region including the Tahoe Basin, Truckee, Reno and Sparks covering Live Music, Events & Festivals, Entertainment, Outdoors & Recreation, Food & Wine, and Arts & Culture in the Tahoe Sierra. The Tahoe Weekly publishes 36 editions each year, with issues out every 2 weeks from mid-October to mid-May, and weekly from Memorial Day to mid-October, with some special editions during holidays.
The Account Executive works in all aspects of sales for any and all print and online products and publications, for Tahoe Weekly and its parent company, Range of Light Media Group, Inc.
As an Account Executive for Tahoe Weekly, you will work outside the office, meeting with clients and prospective clients at their places of business. Some businesses will require making telephone sales calls, as well, calling prospects to sell the Tahoe Weekly’s advertising space or digital marketing, and arranging follow-up appointments with interested prospects and existing clients.
The Account Executive must be driven, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently while meeting established sales goals and deadlines.
In addition to maintaining sales and overseeing accounts, other duties include analyzing sales statistics and attrition, preparing reports about clients’ accounts. Also keeping up to date on industry trends on new and existing products, and monitoring the sales, prices and products of competitors.
The Account Executive reports to and is supervised by the Publisher.
- Locate, qualify and contact potential clients and identify decision makers to offer Tahoe Weekly’s advertising services
- Meet with clients to show how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Provide and close prospective clients with advertising and marketing campaigns, and recommend appropriate sizes and formats for advertising
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing clients
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients; problem solve when needed
- Input and update all contact information and tasks in Pre1/Smart Publisher (training provided)
- Book advertising campaigns
- Prepare and execute promotional plans and e-mail marketing, sales literature, media kits and sales contracts (materials provided)
- Work with production department to provide specs to potential clients and assist in creating print and digital advertising messages and formats
- Assist in collecting on delinquent accounts when needed
- Set and achieve goals to increase sales
- Represent Tahoe Weekly in the community in a professional manner
- Understand the unique nature of the South Lake Tahoe & North Lake Tahoe/Truckee community and its business environment, and recommend sales campaigns to benefit the interests of the client
- Attend business networking opportunities to meet clients, build new relationships and represent Tahoe Weekly
- Meet sales goals established with the Publisher
- Work with the Publisher to expand sales territory
Required Qualities and Skills
- Communication skills.Advertising representative must be persuasive during sales calls. In addition, they should listen to the client’s desires and concerns, and recommend an appropriate advertising campaign that meets their business goals.
- Initiative. Advertising representatives must actively seek new clients, keep in touch with current clients, and expand their client base, in order to meet sales quotas.
- Organizational skills. Advertising representatives work with many clients, each of whom may be at a different stage in the sales process. Agents must be well-organized to keep track of their clients or potential clients.
- Self-confidence.Advertising representatives agents should be confident when calling potential clients (cold calls). Because potential clients are often unwilling to commit on a first call, agents often must continue making sales calls, even if rejected at first.
- 2-5 years of sales experience (preference given to candidates with publishing/digital advertising experience)
- Familiar with the South Lake Tahoe & North Lake Tahoe/Truckee community (preference given to residents of each community to serve their community.)
- Basic technology skills in using e-mail, Word, Adobe Reader, Excel, Web browsers, and apps on phone/iPad
- Ability to learn new technology programs including Pre1/Smart Publisher/Filemaker (publishing platform), Dropbox and other work-related programs
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to communicate with others working in a team environment
- Must be detail orientated
- Must be able to take direction
- Must be able to manage his/her own time
- Must be available to work additional hours as needed during heavy workloads
Base salary (based on experience), plus benefits and sales commission.
E-mail a cover letter, resume and three references to Katherine E. Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org.