The event was designed as an opportunity for amateur ski and snowboard filmmakers to have his or her work screened by the viewing public and win prizes; submissions will be accepted through Feb. 24. The festival will take place at Cargo Concert Hall in Reno, Nev., on March 8.
Films selected for screening will be judged by an audience vote. First-, second- and third-place prizes will be awarded to filmmakers age 15 and older and age 15 and younger, as well as prizes for Best Big Mountain Line, Best Park Trick, Best Cinematography and Most Creative.
Any video submitted must adhere to the following parameters:
- At least 75 percent of footage must be shot at Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe,
- Be 1 to 3 minutes in length,
- Is not intended for commercial use with another company,
- Must not depict any inappropriate behavior,
- Must be original work shot and edited by the person submitting the video.
Additional details and guidelines are posted online. | skirose.com