Tahoe Weekly puts together an annual Ultimate Tahoe Winter Bucket List each season of the best activities, outings, events and more to do. This year, we’ve added a version just for the kids. Explore all that Tahoe has to offer this winter on and off the slopes. Details at TheTahoeWeekly.com; click on Events Calendar.
Check out our annual Ultimate Tahoe Winter Bucket List
Discover more kid-friendly activities. Click on Family Fun under the Out & About tab.
- Take in a magic show at The Loft.
- Make homemade hot chocolate.
- Make snow angels.
- Practice making snowballs.
- Have a good, old-fashioned snowball fight.
- Use your skills at the Tahoe Donner Snowball Throwing Contest on March 31.
- Take the kids sledding.
- Enjoy s’more fun with the family with special events all season: Northstar’s S’morey Time, Après S’mores at Squaw Valley, Get S’mores Saturdays in Kings Beach and S’moresapalooza at Northstar.
- Try a Treetop Adventure Park. Yes, the ropes courses are open in the winter.
- Take the kids to an indoor climbing wall. They’ll love it.
- Spend the day at the Tahoe City Winter Sports Park – ice skating, sledding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- Enjoy tubing, snowman building & more Jan. 26 at Tahoe Donner.
- Enter Kirkwood’s Tahoe Junior Freeride Series on Feb. 2 and 3, with it moving to Mt. Rose on Feb. 8.
- Kids rule at Squaw’s Kid-O-Rama from Feb. 16 to 24.
- Pack a picnic and spend the day at Tahoe Meadows – snowshoeing, sledding, snowmobiling & skiing.
- Record snowflakes. Order a Stories in the Snow Citizen Science kit.
- All kids love fire trucks, snow cats and groomers. Take them to Big Truck Day at Squaw on Feb. 18 to enjoy them all.
- Little ones will have a blast at Tahoe Tot Spot in South Lake Tahoe with activities for ages 8 and younger.
- Join the fun at the annual Glowstick Parade & Carnival on Feb. 23 at Tahoe Donner Downhill. Kids 10 and younger who can ski or ride unassisted in the dark on the Snowbird run can join the Glowstick Parade.
- SnowFest! Enjoy family friendly activities for all ages during the 10-day winter carnival from Feb. 28 to March 10.
- Help devour a 200-foot banana split at the Banana Split Extravaganza on March 16 at Tahoe Donner Downhill.
- Families can tube to the sounds of a DJ was Disco Tubing every Saturday at Squaw Valley until March 23.
- Enjoy Friday Fun Nights every Friday until April 5 at Northstar with disco lights on the ice skating rink, face painting, live music and more.
- Enjoy the Winter Fireworks every Saturday at Squaw through March 30.
- Make it a family affair and enter the local downhill dummy contests held each spring at Diamond Peak on March 24 and Tahoe Donner Downhill on April 14.
- Take a free Young Eagles airplane ride the second Saturday of the month of ages 8 and older with the Experimental Aircraft Association in Truckee.
- Get creative at the free Kids Art Saturdays at the North Tahoe Arts Center on March 3, March 31, May 12 & June 9.
- Visit the KidZone Museum in Truckee with fun activities designed for ages 7 and younger.
- Practice your snowman-making skills, then enter the Snow-Man Building Contest on March 2 at Tahoe Donner Snowplay.
- The kids will have a blast at Woodward Tahoe with foam pits, an indoor skate park and pump track and much more.
- Take a turn on the ice. Enjoy local community rinks in Tahoe City, Truckee and South Lake Tahoe, and at local resorts.
- Learn about Tahoe environmental and natural history at the Tahoe Science Center with kid-friendly science exhibits for ages 8 and older.
- Catch snowflakes on your tongue.