The California Express gondola is targeted to open ahead of the 2019-20 winter season, the resort announced in a press release.
The proposed connection is currently under a joint agency review and assessment with the United States Forest Service (USFS) and Placer County.
The design plan for the California Express includes:
- Protecting and preserving all identified critical habitats
- Avoiding crossing into the Granite Chief Wilderness boundary
- Reducing car and shuttle traffic between the two mountains that impacts guests, residents and employees
- Minimizing visual impacts by limiting the number and height of gondola towers to maintain the scenic beauty of the area
- Eliminating the need to construct access roads by using helicopters and overland crews for construction.
Pending approval by public agencies, the resort believes it can make the California Express a reality in time for the 2019-20 winter season.| squawalpine.com/gondola